Branch History

The Albuquerque Branch was officially recognized in 1927 with the avowed purpose ‘…to unite the alumni of colleges and universities on the AAUW list of qualified institutions for practical educational work, to concentrate and increase their effectiveness in the community for the solution of social and civic problems, to participate in the development and promotion of policies and programs of the American Association of University Women, to contribute to its growth and advancements, and to cooperate in its state and regional work.”

Albuquerque Branch has been active in the community throughout its history. It was one of the Organizations involved in the founding of the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History.