Since its formation in 1972, the Lobby Corps has made tens of thousands of visits to congressional offices, making AAUW a familiar and respected name among members of Congress and their staffs. Because this corps has worked hand in hand with lobbying staff, AAUW has had a significant political impact on legislation concerning issues such as
- civil rights,
- reproductive rights, and
- economic security.
Lobby Corps Completed Membership Forms:
AAUW Lobby Corps Training 2019 TBD
AAUW-New Mexico State Legislative Day Briefing TBD
AAUW-New Mexico State Legislative Lobby Day February 11, 2019
All information and forms required for lobbyists can be found at: http://www.sos.state.nm.us/Lobbyist_Information
Do familiarize yourself with the regulations found in the Lobbyist Regulation Act (under Forms).
- Follow NM Bills with a daily report on bills that matters to AAUW-NM at CQ State Track web reports
- See the Public Policy Timeline to help plan activities and events
- Read AAUW Position Papers on Title IX, Education, Economic Security, and Civil Rights
- Join the AAUW Action Network and become a Two-Minute Activist
- You can also subscribe to AAUW Washington Update e-newsletter